Thursday, May 6, 2010

Is May 11 a Non-Working Holiday?

Before anything else, I decided to post this topic under this blog because I believe non-working holidays is very much associated with this blog's title, vacation grande.  That is self-explanatory.  Don't you agree?

Anyway, back to my question, is May 11, a day after the May 10 elections, a non-working holiday in the Philippines?  As of this writing, there is no news, whether online, print, or tv, that May 11 had already been declared as a non-working holiday.  However, the Sunstar Network Online reported yesterday that "Malacañang cannot report as of Thursday if May 11 will be declared as holiday".

Accordingly, they have yet to receive a formal suggestion/proposal for extending the May 10 non-working holiday to another day, or a day after the elections.  Why wait for that "formal" suggestion/proposal?

In my opinion, declaring May 11 as a non-working holiday would be what GMA administration could give as its "last gift" to workers like me.  Non-wage benefits such as this would be greatly appreciated by the labor sector.

But of course, my opinion doesn't matter to all.  Who am I anyway?  Well, what I want right now, and I'm sure that is also the clamor of many, is that May 11 be simply declared as a non-working holiday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails